My Bike & Adventure Setup
Welcome to my latest bike & gear list
I get a lot of questions about my adventure setup, so here’s a quick overview of my load-out.
I’ve designed this bike to be used as a daily driver & adventure machine. Comfort, practicality, and versatility were the most important elements when designing this machine.
As I’m 6’3″/191cm I went for an XL framesize and 29er tires. Without baskets and bags this bike tips the scale at barely 12.7kg, with accessories bringing it up to 15.5kg.
This bike setup in total cost around $1,500/€1,325 with a mix of new/used components. The initial bike was purchased brand new.
Stripped down/geared up
Minimum and maximum.
My bike setup
2020 Romet Mustang M7, 29er, XL framesize.
Frame & fork
- Romet Mustang M7, Aluminum, XL hardtail, 29″.
- SR Suntour XCR-DS coil spring.
- New price; $950/€850
- New weight; 12.3kg/27.1lbs
Affordable, lightweight, durable.
- Shimano BL-MT200 Hydraulic
- Alligator organic resin brake pads
- Stock 160mm Shimano & Mavic rotors
Stock, reliable, powerful.
- Tubeless (Peaty’s sealant, XSauce rim tape)
- Contec wheel locks
- Reflective spoke covers
- Mavic Crossride
- Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.3″
- Dt Swiss CR1600 w/DT350 hub
- Continental Race King ProTection
Fast rolling, durable, comfortable.
- Ritchey Kyote 800mm
- Giant Ergo-Max grips
- Nukeproof Neutron 35mm stem
- Cheap bar tape
Comfortable, relaxed, confident.
- Shimano SLX 1×11 FD-M7020
- 11-40T SLX cassette
- 34T front chainring
- Shimano FC-M600 hollowtech crankset
Simple, reliable, efficient.
- KlickFix aluminum front basket (18L+)
- Topeak MTX Beamrack & aluminum basket (20L+)
- Giant Scout frame bag (15L)
- SKS Top Tube bag (1.5L)
- ABUS top tube parts bag (1L)
Total carrying capacity: 45-80L
- Brooks flyer saddle
- Crankbrothers Stamp pedals
- Topeak Racerocket MTB pump
- Rohloff organic chain oil
- SKS Tom 18 multitool
- Spare chain links, valves, plugs, etc.
- Abus Bordo folding lock
- Ass Savers reflective mud guards
Reliable and always fully-equipped.
Everything I pack
For 1-12 week long trips
- TTTM Pro hammock
- TTTM Lightest Straps
- TTTM Lighest Tarp
- LSoH 900FP -15°C down underquilt
- Naturehike 800FP 5°C down quilt
Total weight: 2.5kg
$1,500/€1,325 total build